Sunday, November 11, 2012

Maastricht Part 5: 11 November

I know I mentioned this post would contain information concerning my trip to Utrecht, but I wanted to post some pictures from today.

Apparently, the Carnaval Season starts on the 11th of November here in the Netherlands.  To celebrate, the residents of Maastricht dress up in crazy costumes, listen to music, and drink beer.  The city closed off the main square and set up a mini-fest.  Here are some pictures I snapped during my walk today:




These are toilets set up right outside my door.  Not much privacy, but great for a guy whose been drinking all day considering the bathrooms at the fest cost money.  I didn't get involved in the festivities, so there was no reason for me to use these.






Lastly, as I was walking around I heard a familiar song, you might recognize it as well:


No comments:

Post a Comment